Monday, August 1, 2011

Webale Uganda!

So I only picked up a few words in Uganda, one of which is thank you- webale. I have so many reasons to thank Uganda and my experience there. Thanks to the amazing nurses and doctors at CURE who have forever changed my view on healthcare and the importance of having a passion for what you're doing. Thanks to my awesome roommates (Sarah, Oliver, Shabani and Chris- I miss you already!) They made an awesome experience even more awesome. Thanks to the amazing food which has inspired me to attempt to open my own Chapati company back in the states (it was given the name Jamie's Chaps by one of the nurses at CURE- be on the watch out). Thanks to all the mothers who I will remember forever for their courage strength and love for their children. I won't go on much more, I think my 5 minutes are up!

The past few days have been quite a whirlwind! Safari was fun, saw elephants, lions, giraffes, hippos, crocs and lots and lots of wart hogs (Pumba was wayyyy cuter!). Met some amazing people. A couple from Holland who were living in Congo volunteering. A couple from Canada living near Dubai, the wife was teaching english to the amirati children. So many interesting stories from their experiences! I have loved meeting so many new people while travelling, it's awesome to hear how different life can be.

Currently I'm sitting in an internet cafe in london, enjoying an afternoon snack of frozen yogurt and strong latte. Tonight I'll be seeing Billy Elliot, then catching some sleep before I head out in the morning home to Dallas! As badly as I wanted to stay in Uganda a bit longer, I'm very excited to see my family and friends back home! No pictures to post this time, but I can't wait to go through the 1,000s of pictures I took here! Ekk!

No comments:

Post a Comment